Temporary Order: What Is It?

After filing for divorce, many people request a temporary hearing so that a court can make decisions regarding important issues like child custody, child support and spousal support. Decisions made by the court are incorporated into a temporary order, which remains in place until a divorce is finalized.  Temporary hearings...

Continue Reading

How is Property Divided in a Texas Divorce?

Division of property is an important aspect of a Texas Divorce. Texas is a community property state, which means that property acquired during the marriage is presumed to belong to both spouses. There are exceptions to this rule, so it is important to determine whether property is separate or community. ...

Continue Reading

Can My Attorney Fee’s Be Covered by Child Support Payments?

child support

Though rare, it is possible to get a child support arrangement that includes your child’s other parent paying your attorney fees. This type of situation is on a case by case basis, so you will typically need someone who is an expert in Corpus Christi family law to navigate this...

Continue Reading

Are Gifts of Land considered Separate or Community Property?

Gift of Land

Trying to divide property between spouses after a divorce is never easy. Emotions often run high, and there can be a lot of confusion about whether certain types of land are a community property or a separate property. In the state of Texas, there are a few basic concepts you...

Continue Reading

Conservatorship: Differences Between Joint Managing And Sole Managing Conservatorship


When a couple divorces, complex issues arise regarding custody. Whether it’s medical care, educational issues, or other situations, it’s vital legal agreements be in place to protect the child’s best interests. To accomplish this, courts will create a joint managing conservatorship or a sole managing conservatorship. To protect your interests...

Continue Reading

Family Court Contempt: Consequences

family contention

Failure to obey a court order can have serious consequences in family court. A person who has not followed the requirements in a court order may be held in contempt. If you have been served with paperwork alleging that you are in contempt of court, a Corpus Christi TX family...

Continue Reading

Does Adultery affect Spousal Support in Texas?

spousal support

Adultery is a common cause of divorce in Texas. When one spouse has committed adultery, a court may consider this when ordering alimony. While Texas allows “no-fault” divorces, plaintiffs may allege grounds for divorce, including adultery. If you are facing a divorce because of adultery, a Corpus Christi divorce lawyer...

Continue Reading

Can I Modify Child Support in Texas?

modify child support

How a Child Support Order can be Modified  You will need the help of a divorce lawyer in Corpus Christi if you want to modify your child support. The only way that your child support can be modified is with a court order. You and your partner may verbally agree...

Continue Reading

Do I Qualify For Spousal Support in Texas?

spousal support

Are You Eligible For Spousal Support?  There are several factors that determine whether a person is eligible for spousal support. The spouse seeking spousal support must be unable to earn enough income to support their minimum reasonable needs. A disability can stop a person from working. If the spouse is...

Continue Reading

Texas Grandparents Rights

grandparents rights

Grandparents have rights. It is often assumed that only the parents can take custody of a child or have a right to visitation. This is simply not the case. Not all families are the same, and you may be in a situation in which you have established a closer relationship...

Continue Reading


Contact us today

Office Address

418 Peoples St,
Suite 206
Corpus Christi TX 78401

Get Directions

stay connected

Contact Info

Phone: (361) 500-4052
email us

  • Schedule an appointment

    Contact a lawyer by filling out the form below or by calling our office at (361) 500-4052 , and schedule an initial consultation and discuss your legal concerns with our attorneys.